Social Media & Content Intern
Chickidee are looking for a creative, talented and enthusiastic intern to join our team in our head office situated in Nutfield, Surrey for 3 months.
Role & Responsibilities
- We need someone to plan and create posts for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- You’ll be writing content for our social media posts, product descriptions, category description, and newsletters.
- Tracking and reporting the growth on our social media platforms.
- Building on our influencer campaign to expand our reach.
- Assist in the day to day administration and management of our websites.
- Assist in the production in other areas of content production such as photography, videos, competitions and other creatives.
- Provide professional and thoughtful customer service via social media and over the phone.
- An Instagram guru - you know how to get the attention of our audience and grow our audience. You are also comfortable with using other social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. You keep up to date with the latest social media platform changes and updates, for the everyday user and from a commercial, brand point of view.
- A flare for content – you are comfortable writing content that will engage our audience, and have a flare for creative writing.
- Get excited - An interest in homeware and décor is essential.
- Ready to work – you are ready to get stuck in, work hard, and can fully dedicate yourself to the role.
- Building relationships – you know how to speak social media jargon and have a natural rapport with other Instagram influencers.
- Attention to detail – you are considerate when it comes to data and accuracy.
- Small team focused – you work best in a small team, being able to bounce ideas off others, make decisions quickly, and work independently when needed.
- Photography and image editing skills preferred.
- You’ll be working in a small creative team, including by product designers, buyers, and marketers, giving you exposure to a wide range of areas in the business.
- You will learn many new commonly used platforms, including Bigcommerce and Linnworks, and be introduced to the basics of Google Analytics, marketing’s most used digital marketing software. You’ll learn how to manage your own set of KPIs to help show your impact on the business.
- You’ll be introduced to basic SEO skills to support your content writing for Google Search.
- We love to hire interns. There is a high chance we won’t want you to go after the three months and offer you a full time role amongst the team.
- All Chickidee staff members get discounts on Chickidee home and giftware.
- Our head office is situated above a café in Surrey, where you will enjoy a substantial discount on food and unlimited tea and coffee.
- We will cover your travel expenses.
Please include a Cover Letter in your application, addressing the following:
- Why do you want to work for Chickidee?
- What makes you stand out from the crowd, what’s your edge?
- How would you improve the current Chickidee Instagram profile?
- What are your favourite homeware brands on Instagram? What are they doing well?
- What is your favourite Chickidee trend? Why?
To apply, email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
1-Year Social Media / Content Marketing Experience (preferred)